Roast Beef Ingredientes
- 600 g beef rib roast
- 800 cc Carménère
- 600 cc beef stock
- 1 carrot
- 2 celery stalks
- 3 tomatoes
- 200 g Arborio rice
- 50 g cubed shallots
- 80 g dried mushrooms
- 100 cc Carménère
- 40 g butter
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper the meat before sealing with olive oil in a large pot until golden brown on all sides.
- Cut the vegetables in large cubes before sautéing in the same pot. Then pour in the wine and cook for about 10 minutes until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the beef stock and cook over a low flame for at least four hours, adding stock as need to ensure moisture. Set aside.
- For the risotto, soften the mushrooms in warm water. Heat the oil in another large pot and sauté the shallots a bit before adding the rice, stirring until transparent.
- Add in the wine and constantly stir until the alcohol evaporates. Slowly add in the water the mushrooms were in, always stirring until the rice is al dente and texture forms a paste.
- Season to taste and then add in the chopped mushrooms, Parmesan cheese and butter until achieving a creamy consistency.
- Serve with the roast beef and its sauce.
Signature Chilean dishes prepared with seasonal ingredients is what Chef Cristián Correa has been offering up for the past four years at Mulato restaurant. Located in the heart of Lastarria, it is just steps away from the Museum of Visual Arts. Warm and cozy with an open kitchen, the menu offers braised meats and fresh seafood, always changing every three months. However, there is one dish that’s been there from the very start that they haven’t been able to take off the menu due to such demand: the roast beef with mushroom risotto. A winter favorite, delicious and filling, perfect for pairing with a bottle of Primus.